Thursday, October 8, 2009

Thoughts, Feelings, Actions:

Good Morning,

Last night for me was filled with life discoveries and emotions. Doesn't that sound fun? I learned, (in a knew way) the the thoughts we have control the feelings we have, and the feelings we have control the actions the we do. So I got thinking, "Basically, when we are not thinking on happy things, or on the things of God, it will come out in every other aspect of life." When we are thinking about all the things we have to do, haven't gotten finished, or the stresses of life, we are going to feel that. When we feel stressed, overwhelmed, exhausted, underachieved, and unappreciated, we begin to act like that. I have been told in my life, by my parents at home, that I am not mature or responsible enough to do the things I want to do, well do you want to know what happens? Everywhere else people viewed me as very mature and responsible, not because I was faking it but because other people allowed me to be that. However at home, because that is what I was told about myself, that is what I thought of myself to be, that is how I felt, therefore, that is how I acted.

What I need to start doing is retraining my brain to think of myself how God thinks of me, (this would be easier if He would just come and tell me,) but to not think of myself as I have trained myself. Everything that I am working through, processing, dealing with, if you will, I realize will not happen overnight but when I look at my journey I want to automatically see the end result, right now I can't. Right now what I see is today and what I can do today to get me to the end result. Anytime we deal with a bad habitual behavior it has to be counter attacked or replaced with another good behavior. I am still discovering what that behavior is. I'm kind of feeling that when negative thoughts arise in my brain right those down and think about acting, film making, and writing. I'VE GOT IT! Everyday I'm going to focus my thoughts on one of my talents. I know that I am good at acting and filmaking, so today that is my focus.

I want to see what having productive and uplifting thoughts will do for me in one day vs. the negative self loathing thoughts that my brain is trained to have.

Today's P.M.A- "Onward and Upward!"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your honesty is commendable. Just wanted to tell you that I caught wind of a love letter God wrote to you straight from His heart to yours. Here's a few things He said:

I will allure her, bring her into the wilderness and speak comfort unto her...and it shall be in that day says the Lord that you will call Me "My Husband" and no longer "My Master". (Hosea)

Eye has not seen, nor ear heard, nor have entered into the heart of man the things which God has prepared for those who love Him. (1Corinthians)

If anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; old things have passed away; ALL things have become new. (2 Corinthians)

Greater is He that is in you than he that is in the world. (1 John)

In all these things, we are MORE than conquerors through Him who loved us. I am convinced that neither life nor death, nor angels nor principalities nor powers, nor things present nor things to come nor height nor depth, nor any other created thing, (nor anything Patricia says or does or thinks) shall be able to separate us from the love of God which is in Christ Jesus our Lord. (Romans)

I will visit you and perform My good word toward you, and cause you to return to this place. For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says the Lord, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope. Then you will call upon Me and go and pray to Me, and I will listen to you. And you will seek Me and find Me, when you search for Me with all your heart. I will be found by you, says the Lord, and I will bring you back from your captivity. (Jeremiah)


. . . how's that for a comment??